The case shown here is of a 50 year-old periodontally healthy female patient, with high oral hygiene standards. She presented a non-carious cervical lesion combined with an isolated marginal gingival recession in the upper cuspid.
The patient was highly compliant with treatment. Both pre and post-operative instructions given were followed strictly. After the surgical procedure, root coverage was 100%.
The technique used here was the coronally advanced flap described by de Sanctis and Zucchelli in 2007 for the coverage of isolated recession-type defects. This technique is effective in the treatment of isolated gingival recessions in the upper jaw.
A combined periodontal/ restorative approach was used. First, restorative treatment of the non-carious cervical lesion was performed after which the upper isolated gingival recession was treated with the modified approach to the coronally advanced flap, obtaining 100% root coverage.
Read the Article here.
- Obtain complete root coverage
- Increase the amount of keratinized tissue
- Improve the long term prognosis of the tooth
- Diagnosis of marginal gingival recessions
- Knowledge of periodontal plastic surgery techniques
- Management of minimally invasive surgical techniques